Monday, April 16, 2012

David Burke/Pranna/Luna Piena - Weekend Review

I had quite a busy weekend!  DSG and I celebrated 6 months to go til the wedding at David Burke at Bloomingdales.  I had high expectations since we've been to Townhouse before, which still is one of the best meals I've ever had.  Alas, after dinner at the Bloomingdales location we'll most likely be returning to Townhouse instead.  For a quick bite to eat after some shopping this would be perfect but the Lobster Mac and Cheese I had wasn't the best, I'd stick to a simpler option next time.  However, the dessert made up for it -   


This root beer float brought me back to childhood when my grandma use to make them.  To take it over the top they add pretzel toffee at the bottom - yum.  It was basically my dinner.

Saturday was my one of my dear friend's birthday and she certainly celebrated it in style.  We had noon brunch reservations at Pranna.  When we were seated and I saw this in front of me my jaw dropped



$28 for brunch with bottomless drinks in NYC?! It is true.  I started with a spinach and goat cheese quiche that was delish and ended with more than one mimosa.  Now this place is great for a nice brunch with yummy food and endless drinks between 12 and 3, but I will warn you around 3:30pm this place turn into an all-out-brunch-gone-wild.  I'm talking girls dancing on chairs and tables-college days kinda wild.  I felt old.  We did enjoy some fun times and it certainly brought us back to our college days.  Around 4pm after we had handled about as much as we could of our most ridiculous brunch experience we strolled back to my friend's hotel room for some r&r.

Dinner was at Luna Piena and I basically could have eaten a full meal on just their bread, burrata appetizer (creamy mozzarella deliciousness), and olive oil - basic ingredients at their best.  I also enjoyed their pesto pasta which was also amazing and you could tell everything was homemade.

Overall 3 very different spots sent me into food coma by Sunday.

Happy Monday All!


No comments:

Post a Comment