Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Wedding Wednesday

As the big day approaches I'll be joining in more often on wedding Wednesday.  This week I'm sharing my new facial beauty regiment.  Truth: my skin has never been easy to deal with, probably much because I notice the tiny little spots and obsess over them.  In effort to have that effortless glow on wedding day I treated myself to a little spree at Sephora.  So far I'm either liking or loving everything in my new routine and it seems to be paying off.  Another big change: no makeup.  I am only putting it on when there's a reason I need to as a way to reset my face so to speak.  Here's a look into my morning and night routine:





Cleanser/Exfoliant: I have grown up using Elizabeth Grady products - they are a smaller spa brand and I swear by many of their everyday products including the Azulene cleanser and Powder Exfoliant (not pictured).  I rotate using these, normally cleanser in the morning, exfoliant as night.  Both are very gentle and great for sensitive skin.
Lotions: SPF is very important as I have fair skin.  I love both the Clinique and Ole Henriksen lotions as they both have SPF in them but don’t feel like they do.  The Clinique Even Better lotion also works on correcting skin tone as an added bonus.  I use this every morning.  At night I go for the Bliss triple oxygen lotion - it is to die for!  Probably one of my favorite products, unfortunately it comes at a high price ($54).  I try to use sparingly, as much as I just want to coat my entire body with it, as a little does go a long ways.  I only use this at night as it so light and refreshing, perfect to put on just before bedtime.
Spot Treatment: I find Murad's works well.  It does dry out the skin so I try not to use to often and only when needed but it does seems to zap out any trouble spots quickly.
Eye Care: It's insane to think at 26 I have to worry about wrinkles coming in around my eyes but the sooner you start taking care of that area the better.  For now I use Ole Henriksen ultimate eye lift at night - the cool gel feels greats to pat on just before bed. And again a little goes a long way.
Serum: I love this correcting serum - I use of pump followed by a bit of the Ole Henriksen lotion once or twice a week in the mornings.  I can tell my skin is a lot more radiant than before. 
Bonus note: I actually got the 3 piece Ole Henriksen set as a bonus gift for being a VIB at Sephora - at what would normally be $168 I consider this one of my biggest wins, especially since I like all 3 products - Moral: sign up for the VIB program at Sephora it pays off quickly.

Masks: These are 2 new buys for me.  I like both but don't know if I would spend the high price for them again.  The oxygen mask is super easy and quick and feels very refreshing while the rubberizing mask really feels like it really goes deep into your pores, removing any dirt and bacteria.  Quick note for the rubberizing mask I only use half the package for 1 use which makes plenty.  This way you can get 12 uses out of the kit instead of 6.  Also, don't let it dry to for long, you want the mask to dry to a rubber consistency not completely dry so that it turns white (this makes it a lot harder to remove).

So there you have it - hopefully this will all pay off in 2 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment